What Mary Knew - Annual Women's Christmas Event
In Luke 1:46-55, we find a beautiful song of praise to God from Mary after finding out that she would be the mother of our Lord Jesus Christ.
46: And Mary said, “My soul magnifies the Lord, 47 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. 48 for He has looked on the humble estate of His servant. For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed; 49 for He Who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is His Name. 50 And His mercy is for those who fear Him from generation to generation. 51 He has shown strength with His arm; He has scattered the proud in the thoughts of their hearts; 52 He has brought down the mighty from their thrones and exalted those of humble estate; 53 He has filled the hungry with good things, and the rich He has sent away empty. 54 He has helped His servant Israel, in remembrance of His mercy, 55 as He spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his offspring forever.”
From these verses we can see that Mary knew that:
• God is worthy of our praise & we should praise Him with our whole being (soul & spirit) v.46
• Part of praising Him is to magnify Him which means to acknowledge His goodness and bring attention to Him v. 46
• He is our Lord and Savior v.46-47
• He sees us v.48
• He is our Master and we are to be His humble servants v.48
• He gives us great purpose and it is a blessing to serve Him v.48
• All blessings come from Him and He does great things for us v.49
• God is mighty, powerful, holy and His Name is to be praised v.49
• His mercy is for those who fear Him-It is the righteous who are the objects of His blessing v.50
• God brings judgement against the proud-His arm will be raised against them but He lifts up the humble v.51-52
• God cares for those in need-both spiritually and physically v.53
• God acts for His people v.54
• God keeps His promises v.54-55
These are important truths that we all need to know! What better time to share them with those that don’t know them yet than at Christmas! Our Women’s Christmas Event provides the perfect opportunity for you to invite the women that you know that either don’t know Jesus yet as their Savior or need to be reminded of His great love for them! It will be a wonderful evening of Fair Trade Shopping, Dinner (served by the men of our church), Beautiful Music and an Inspirational Message. At the end, Kathy Box will present the gospel and your guests will have the opportunity to respond, silently, right where they are. We hope that you can join us for this event on Friday, December 8, 6-9pm in the Worship Center. There is no greater gift that you could offer to your friends and family!
Here’s how you can participate if you are a woman:
Sign up to host a table! As a hostess, you are responsible for decorating your table and providing plates and utensils for dinner. Each table seats 8 ladies. You can either invite your own guests to sit with you or we can assign guests to your table. For more information or to sign up to be a hostess, contact Dede Bullock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Invite guests and buy your tickets ASAP! Whether you or hosting a table or not, we encourage you to come and to invite women from your neighborhood, work, school, playgroups, etc. that need to know how much Jesus loves them. Tickets are $16 and can be purchased online here.
Here’s how you can participate if you are a man:
Sign up to serve dinner during the event and/or set the Worship Center back up after the event. For more information and/or to sign up go to https://hcbcpf.wufoo.com/forms/men-serving-at-womens-christmas-event/
Any other questions or comments may be sent to me at email@example.com.
Praying for you all and hope to see you there!
More in The Feed Feature
November 30, 2017The Feed Feature - Entering a Season of Advent
November 16, 2017What Mary Knew - Annual Women's Christmas Event
November 2, 2017The Feed Feature - Breakfast with Dad and Scavenger Hunt