We are partnering with Hill Country Austin to engage in the Hurricane Harvey disaster relief efforts in Houston and the surrounding areas. Please read the information below to become involved in any way that you can.
Please sign up here to volunteer.
Please click here to donate financially.
The damage from Hurricane Harvey has and continues to devastate our neighbors in the Houston, Texas area. Many of you have contacted us asking what Hill Country Bible Church is doing to help.
We have been in frequent contact with churches in our Christ Together network as well as other relief organizations in the affected areas and have learned that the most critical need is for cleanup in the days and months after the flooding. The magnitude of need is great. The magnitude of our response must also be great. The Katy area alone has already had about 5200 of its homes significantly damaged by the rains and wind - and much more rain is still expected in the area. Houston, the nation's 4th largest city, is at the center of this storm, so based on the impact to Katy - we expect the damaged homes to number in the 10's, perhaps 100's of thousands.
Here are the things we suggest you consider:
- Pray for these families. Pray that God's mighty hand is unmistakable as the Church rises up to meet the needs of the community.
- Consider donating funds and materials to support the basic needs of the people as they manage through the loss of their homes and property. Click here to donate financially or you can bring anything on the list below to the Hill Country Austin location at: 12124 Ranch Rd 620 N, Austin TX, 78750. We will see that it gets to victims or relief workers supporting those affected.
Personal Items: Toiletries, new pillows and blankets, inflatable mattresses, hand sanitizer, first-aid kits, new undergarments (all sizes), new socks (all sizes)
Tools: Utility knives. leather work gloves, pop-up canopies, shovels, wheelbarrows, crowbars, hammers, utility knives, work gloves, chainsaws, rope, safety glasses, 5-gallon buckets, extension cords
Supplies: Cleaning supplies, de-humidifiers, air circulators, box fans, liquid laundry detergent, dish soap, black trash bags, mop and bucket
Food: Canned meats, vegetables and fruits, corn bread mix, juices, hamburger, chicken and tuna helper, assorted crackers, rice, peanut butter and jelly, dry beans, sugar, cereal (hot and cold), instant potatoes, flour, pasta and tomato sauces, canned beans, soups, cooking oil, shelf-stable milk, bottled water
You can bring supplies from the list above to the Hill Country Austin campus:
12124 Ranch Rd 620 N
Austin, TX 78750
- Consider joining one of the many adult teams we plan to send to the area to help families recover from this devastation. Click here to volunteer to either join us, or help us organize trips and donations. We will have trips during the week and weekends and will focus primarily on collecting and securing belongings, and cleaning the homes affected.
Based on the magnitude of the work, we will need thousands of people over months to make the kind of impact that is required. Therefore, we will be planning for the long haul so as you consider if you can participate in a trip, think about two things:
- How can my involvement catalyze every single person at Hill Country Bible Church Pflugerville to get involved? Maybe this could be something my small group could do together?
- Could I bring my neighbors who may also want to help and show them what the church really looks like?
We anticipate God to move in powerful ways in the coming days and months as we partner to help our neighbors in need. Thank you for being a part of showing Christ's love!